As a YVR representative you are responsible for meeting and greeting all of our guests at Vancouver Airport and assisting them with their transfer to Whistler. To be successful at this role you need to be personable, helpful, a good communicator and also have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Having the capacity to adapt to different customer personalities and demands is essential.
Reports to: YVR Manager
Based in: Vancouver Airport, Richmond, BC
Range: $20 – $25 per hour
Hours: Full time, part time, seasonal, weekends
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Meet and greet the customers in a professional and friendly manner.
- Liaise with northbound dispatch staff in Whistler regarding day-to-day operations.
- Confirm the final destination of the guests and inform them of an approximate wait time.
- Distribute luggage tags to guest’s luggage with final destination label.
- Announce the arrival of the bus and take a headcount of the passengers based upon the manifest.
- Occasional assist with loading of bags and guests onto the vehicles.
- Be professional in appearance and etiquette.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Be able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Ability to work independently and with team members.
- A passion for organization and the proven ability to problem solve and multi task.
- Experience with Windows and general computer knowledge. Preferred: Proficient with Google Suite.
- Confident dealing with large groups of people.
- Be able to lift a minimum of 23kgs.
- Be available to work a variety of shift patterns including evenings, weekends, holidays and other peak travel times.
We Offer You
- Competitive wages.
- Opportunities to grow and cross train in various departments.
- Exciting work meeting people from all over the world.
- Recreation benefits.
- An energetic team environment.
- Regular team social events.
- Complimentary transportation on any of our scheduled services.